Monday, January 20, 2014

Look what's shipping: Premium Original Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game (D&D Boxed Game)

As a certain Professor would say, "Good news everybody."


In this case, my Amazon order for the Premium Original Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game (D&D Boxed Game) reprint of the original, or at least some of the original Dungeons and Dragons material, has shipped.


I know a lot of people put in orders to Amazon for this product and were annoyed, at best, with the numerous delays.


For me, I had the opportunity to cancel. I know a few people over on RPG.net did so and ordered it from Barnes & Nobles online and have already had it for a week or more.


But since my playing schedule is erratic at best, I didn't see any need to make a big deal of it. If it shipped, great. If it didn't, I could always save the money.


For those who don't know what's in this reprint, taken from the Amazon page itself:


A premium, deluxe edition of the Original D&D® "White Box"!
It's the original Dungeons & Dragons game, packed with more content than ever before.

The original Dungeons & Dragons boxed set was published by TSR, Inc. in 1974 and was the very first roleplaying game, introducing concepts that have persisted throughout later editions. It included three small rules booklets in a white box.

This deluxe, premium reprint of the original "White Box" features new packaging and includes the following seven booklets:

 Volume 1: Men & Magic
 Volume 2: Monsters & Treasure
 Volume 3: Underworld & Wilderness Adventures
 Supplement I: Greyhawk
 Supplement II: Blackmoor
 Supplement III: Eldritch Wizardry
 Supplement IV: Gods, Demi-Gods & Heroes

Each booklet features new cover art, while the interior retains nostalgic original art. Booklets are packaged in an engraved illustrated wooden storage case.


So for those who kept their orders at Amazon, have you got a shipping notice yet? Are you looking forward to having it as a bit of nostalgia or are you going to play with the rules? For me, it's definatly nostalgia. My limited time and my friends bouncing from system to system makes it difficult for me to schedule something like this in when they're chomping at the bit to run Numera and other new games.

No comments:

Post a Comment