Sunday, March 9, 2014

Amazon Sales: Kindle, blu-Ray and other goods

For March, I'll didn't run through the kindle sales list of $3.99 or less because nothing there looked appealing to me.

Today though, for their Gold Box deal of the day, Amazon decided that they would like a little (or a lot) of my money. Some great deals on the various kindle format books. 

Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales [Kindle Edition]: $1.99. I've read a few of Ray's stories in my 42 years and this is almost a thousand pages of goodness. 

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: The Chronicles of Narnia [Kindle Edition] another classic. I'll be Honest, I haven't read this in about 20-25 years but it's the start of one of the oldest fantasy series out there and it's been made into Television and movies so if you want to get an inexpensive start to the series, here's the first one for $1.99.

American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition: A Novel [Kindle Edition] Sometimes you want something a little more modern and Neil Gaiman doesn't disappoint. If you want to see what gods would be created like in the modern world and have something different to enjoy, Neil's book is on sale for $1.99.

Coraline 10th Anniversary Edition [Kindle Edition], another book by Neil Gaiman and well, 10th anniversary shows it has some staying power and also has a movie based on it. Also for $1.99.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance [Kindle Edition] by Robert Pirsig is one I'm throwing up here not because it's fantasy or science fiction but because it's one of those books I read in college and thought it a very intense story and one worth reading again. For $1.99 it's an inexpensive volume. 

Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. Here's I'm asking for opinions. Anyone read this? It looks more up my mom's alley but I think she read it when it first came out. For $1.99 though I wouldn't mind rebuying it, especially as it doesn't take up much shelf space.

There are a few other books that look to be good based on what I've heard of them. Anyone have any particular recommendations on them?

In other items though, it's Joss Whedon week.  The funny thing is, most people probably interested in the stuff on sale here, yeah, they probably already have it because he tends to build up a large fanbase.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Series on dvd, not bluray, for $63.99. Hate to say it but never really a big fan personally. In most situations, the genre itself isn't my thing although there are some gems in the series. 

Firefly: The Complete Series ah, now we're talking. The dvd is $12.99 and the bluray $18.49. 

Angel: The Complete Series another one I'm going to confess to never being a fan of. Heck, I haven't even seen any of these to tell you if there are any 'gems' within it's borders. Has a lot of fans though and it's been at a few comic book companies so there has to be some appeal eh? $56.99 for the whole thing. 


Sopranos: $139.99. I'm so out of touch, I don't know if that's a good price or not. A family based crime drama where, like many of the better series, it's all about the characters. Well worth checking out for those who never have. 

Well, I think that's enough spam for this morning. Anyone have any particular favorites? I saw that they had the Dollhouse on sale as well but to be honest, have no clue about the whole series. I've heard it referred to as a snore fest for example.

If you know anyone who might enjoy any of those sales, +1 and share it on.








No comments:

Post a Comment