Monday, September 2, 2013

Kickstarter: The September Chart Edition

So before Gen Con 2013, the guy behind Tectonic Craft Studios was pretty optimistic about it being done. Yeah... He's a good guy but I can't see most people who backed the first Kickstarter ever doing anything with the guy again unless it's already done and it's a super deal.

Dwimmermount actually has some physical evidence that it lives in the vinyl map and illustration booklet that I picked up at Gen Con.

Steampunk Musha I have little hope for. The creator speaks little about that project while doing other bits like magazines and dealing with serious real life issues. I can't fault him for having to deal with the latter but the former? While not updating the Kickstarter for over a month? Yeah, that I'll fault him for.

28mm Demons and Devils I've seen enough of in the flesh at Gen Con that I'm so not worried about it I bought the demon frog too.

Imbrian I know is out in the wild but I'm a 'year long' supporter and didn't go for multiple shipments. His initial quest to do it on the less expensive side failed and he wound up doing another route and I didn't want to add to his expenses at that time. In the future I may just paypal him a few bucks and tell him to ship it.

Assimiliation Alien Host has got so many problems going on I don't even want to get into it. A lot of these are things that are bad for the guy doing the project, not just his process on the project. The dreaded 'real life issues'. I swear one day I'm going to do a spread sheet with the things that happen to people doing Kickstarters. The real problem isn't that it's that unusual mind you, it's that if you're a one man business and you suffer them, there's not a lot of people to pick up the slack.

Relic Knights. This one is supposed to be due in November now thanks to the 'cheap' creation from China. I hope that one day real soon it's competitive to shop around and even if it costs more, if it's delivered in a more timely fashion that becomes an option. Something like, Level XXX for 10 bucks from China or Level YYY for 30 bucks delivered from USA. If it goes past November due to whatever issues ranging from lost boat or just not done, I'm getting a refund. Coolminornot, unlike some creators, is generally very good about taking care of people when they want their money back.

A Gallery of Rogues exists but I knew Jim wouldn't let us down after the many hiccups from the previous Kickstarter.

Cthulhu Mythos Foundry style needs to start updating more frequently with what's going on. I need to get my air brush skills ready!

Drake... m'eh? Another game I backed that I was excited for and there are some awesome figures I should have added to my pledge but at this point all I'm thinking is why did I back this game? Not that it looks bad or anything but that my interest level has waned tremendously since I first saw it.

Red Box Games 2. This one is really a head slapper for me. The first one is still having issues. This one was supposed to be a hit out of the park by Tre because it was doing things the old fashioned way that were already sculpted and yet it falls onto the list of late kickstarters. Hopefully it falls off next month.

Anyone else keeping track of their Kickstarters in Excel or Google Docs? Any other horror stories out there? I'm holding off backing any more RPG ones unless it's a really fantastic thing with a really awesome guy that I'm not worried about flaking out. For miniature or card games I'm still pretty ambivalent about it but I still have more faith in them for some reason.


Project Name Due Date Late Days Late Months
Tectonic Craft Studios 6/1/2012 -458 -15
Dwimmermount 8/1/2012 -397 -13
Steampunk Musha 10/1/2012 -336 -11
28mm Demons & Devils 3/1/2013 -185 -6
Imbrian Arts Miniatures 3/1/2013 -185 -6
Assimilation Alien Host 5/1/2013 -124 -4
Relic Knights 5/1/2013 -124 -4
A Gallery of Rogues 6/1/2013 -93 -3
Cthulhu Mythos Foundy Style 7/1/2013 -63 -2
Drake The Dragon Wargame 7/1/2013 -63 -2
Red box Games 2 8/1/2013 -32 -1

No comments:

Post a Comment