Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I work in a factory with a wide diversity of people. One of them is from parts of the 'former U.S.S.R.'.

I asked him, "Hey, what do you guys do in stead of Thanksgiving."

He smiled and explained to me that it is the time to slaughter the pigs and make the sausage and have the festivals. That is it the time for family gatherings and to fry the fat from the slaughter animals. That is is a celebration of all things meaty and tasty and that its done in preperation of the winter.

Sounds like something that would be right at home in a fantasy setting from the old time. Mind you, I can never tell when the guy is messing with me, but he's passionate about his food and his descriptions of the various foodstuffs to be found sounded authentic to me.

So as you celebrate the carving of the Turkey, remember that others are having their own celebrations with their own backgrounds and their own traditions and think; how can I steal that for my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment