Sunday, October 27, 2013

Kickstarter: Pre-November Edition

So how do things look eh?

Tectonic Craft noting money is tight. Well, business may be a failure then. Blew through your initial stretch goals, have been selling on the internet despite not providing materials to backers and selling at conventions. Not too many avenues to go except the idiotic idea of doing a kickstarter to finish a kickstarter eh?

Dwimmermount continues to languish. I think it'll see print one day but it's on my WGAF list at the moment.

Steampunk Musha has joined it. While I was down for a lot of the stretch goals, that AFAIC, we'll never see, I know other people put 'REAL' money down on it and they are well and truly boned.

28mm Demons and Devils A package was packed on September 29th and well, it's October 28th. Either that package is lost or you know, it hasn't been mailed, which makes the mentioning of when it was packed... USELESS to the backers. No point in telling me when something is ready if you know, you're not actually going to ship it. More annoyed than anything at this point as again, I know the miniatures exist and have seen them up close and personal and I know the big Frog I bought separately at Gen Con exists as again, I have seen him, but the late shipping is not doing Center Stage Miniatures ANY favors at this point.

Imbrian Arts Miniatures is one getting so long in the tooth I've actually forgotten what is supposed to be due for those who did the miniatures for a year. I'll have to put together an Excel sheet just to see what I'm supposed to be getting.

Assimilation Alien Host: M'eh? This and Cthuhu are tied into the same publisher and dude has problems with his kids health care. You know what's coming first, but if you weren't late to begin with it would've already been done and won't be impacted. This is why I tell people stuff has a snowballing effect. "Oh, I'm only a month late because it was more work than I though. Crap, I have to move. Crap I have a chronic disease which is impacting my ability to work. Crap my car is dead." Once it starts pilling on you are well and truly boned.

Relic Knights: Now it'll be shipped, maybe, in December. How nice of them. If the quality is not outstanding I'll probably ship it back. I put up with that subpart crap on Sedition Wars and I won't do it again from Coolminiornot.

Cthulhu Mythos Foundry Style: Guy was talking about shipping out the resin models last month. Yeah, that apparently hasn't happened. Dude is talking about being out of sculpting clay? Oh... the time to know that was like, FOUR MONTHS AGO. Not now as you continue to push the project further and further back.

Drake the Dragon Wargame: Another one that's stayed on my m'eh list.

Fractured Dimensions: Supposedly in... January I want to say? Maybe February depending on how the sculpting for the KS exclusives go.



Project Name Due Date Date Late Days Late Months
Tectonic Craft Studios 6/1/2012 11/1/2013 -518 -17
Dwimmermount 8/1/2012 11/1/2013 -457 -15
Steampunk Musha 10/1/2012 11/1/2013 -396 -13
28mm Demons & Devils 3/1/2013 11/1/2013 -245 -8
Imbrian Arts Miniatures 3/1/2013 11/1/2013 -245 -8
Assimilation Alien Host 5/1/2013 11/1/2013 -184 -6
Relic Knights 5/1/2013 11/1/2013 -184 -6
Cthulhu Mythos Foundy Style 7/1/2013 11/1/2013 -123 -4
Drake The Dragon Wargame 7/1/2013 11/1/2013 -123 -4
Fractured Dimensions 8/1/2013 11/1/2013 -92 -3

My Kickstarter purchases have gone way down. Too many late projects. Multiple ones hitting the "hey, we can celebrate a year late and are working on that two year late point." Some companies, like Stonehaven, I'm still supporting, while others like Anti-Matter Games are also getting my dollars.

RPG companies? Unless it's by a company I know? No. At this point, I consider them too unreliable. I don't care what your system mastery of game X is or who you think you've got working for you. The industry is too small and incestuous with too many bonus features overdue already attached to some of these names for me to take it seriously. "Oh yes, we have writer X!" Hey, isn't writer X on project Z? And project Z is overdue? The excuses are starting to hit on some of those now as people are going "Well, it's nice that you're doing X, but why isn't Y done already?"

That is going to start hitting the miniature phase too as with all the access to people via public media, it's not easy going, "Well, I'm waiting on Sculptor A to finish that" and you as a buyer see Sculptor A doing a ton of stuff for other companies.

Anyway, that's my ranting about Kickstarter for the month of November. How's everyone else lists doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment