Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Q is For Quaffed

From ye old Dictionary.com...

quaff

[kwof, kwaf, kwawf] Show IPA
–verb (used without object)
1.
to drink a beverage, especially an intoxicating one, copiously and with hearty enjoyment.
–verb (used with object)
2.
to drink (a beverage) copiously and heartily: We spent the whole evening quaffing ale.
–noun
3.
an act or instance of quaffing.
4.
a beverage quaffed.
Remember all the talks about inns, taverns, and prostitutes? All the good food? Well, it's drinking time as well and I'm more of the opinion that when drinking, as I tend to do when I game, because I'm with friends, it's close to the house, and we're all adults, that we should enjoy our time together and that we should enjoy the drinks among well, friends.
 
Brandon wasn't a big drinker, but even he appreciated a bottle of Patron Silver Tequila I bought him. My other friend Tom, who runs Black Sun Games, also isn't a big drinker, but in honor of B's passing, he had a few with the rest of us drunks.
 
As you, or your characters celebrate their truimpths, have their quaff a few pints of that dwarven ale in honor of those who've passed.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great word!

    Our drink of choice while gaming is Dr. Pepper. We're lightweights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We try out a lot of different things. While I go for the hard alcho, a lot of my amigos go for the beer and a few go your route with the even lighter soda, water, or sports drink.

    ReplyDelete